Sunday, February 21, 2010

Decorative Painting and Paper Crafts


From the very beginning of my dabbling in paper crafts, I wanted a way to combine a new love - making cards and and old love - decorative painting.

Yesterday, Toletown.com had a cyber Block Party, and one of the events was painting this cute little design - Friendship Shelters.

While Lorrie used acrylics, I opted to paint her design with Twinkling H20's. It is such a cute little design - and I finished the entire project, including putting the card together in a little under 2 hours.

The papers I used for the card are from the July 2009 Classy Pak by Tiare.

For all you decorative artists out there who are doing cards now ... a GREAT and less expensive alternative to the digital sketches and even rubber stamps, are to use the line drawings we already have!! I know I have tons from pattern packs and books, which I fully intend on using moving forward on cards, scrapbook layouts, etc.

4 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card Keni! BRAVO!!
    I just ordered a BUNCH of cards with envelopes from DickBlick and now you're motivating me to do something with them!!
    Thanks for your lovely visit!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog. I mean that I glued, layered and sealed with wax. Love the way it makes papers transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, what a pretty card! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card!

    And thank you for the compliment regarding my latest zentangle-inspired necklace I created. I would have responded via e-mail, but there was no e-mail address attached :(

    ReplyDelete