Monday, January 11, 2010
Happy 101 Award
...was given to me by EssenceVibez!! How Sweet!
I need to list ten things that make me all warm and fuzzy...and then gift it to 3 other blogs that will do the same.
Here are the 10 things that make me happy...all warm and fuzzy:
1. I love spending time with my son - playing video games. He is old enough to appreciate it and young enough to still enjoy spending time with Mom.
2. My sister Sam, who is my buddy, my best friend and road trip compadre.
3. Road Trips!! I love a good road trip - and look forward to my second drive across the country this upcoming summer.
4. Boca Java coffee. I am a coffee snob ... and this coffee is soooooo incredibly good.
5. A roaring fire. I hate those electric fireplaces...and love a good old fashioned fire!
6. Painting. The world disappears when I paint...and if I could only paint the days away, I'd be in heaven.
7. A good book. Give me Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson some hot chocolate and a comfy pillow ... and I am set.
8. Lasagna. 'Nuff said.
9. Quiet. I love the quiet. No radio, no television ... I love the sound of nothingness.
10. Life. I try to live my life positively, and appreciate the little things. Every morning on my drive to work I thank God for just being alive.
My 3 picks are:
Ruby's Daughter Brenda - I find comfort in her art. It's classic, it's heritage - it speaks to me, always reminding me of my own family - the way she pays tribute to her own.
Get It Girl Style - I love that she delights in what makes her happy. It's infectious and in turn, makes me delight in what makes ME happy.
Artistic Accents By Darla - I have "known" Darla online for a very long time...when we both began our artful journey's with Onestroke. Like real life, we lose track...go our separate ways...so imagine my surprise years later, when I find her blog! Her delightful artwork is a joy to see.