Monday, January 11, 2010

I is for Inspired


After months of perusing blogs and you tube videos ... I had such a burst of creative energy this weekend, I began painting this brush box.

This box sat unpainted on my paint table for - no lie - about 4 years. I can't even remember where I bought it from ... I just fell in love with the piece. I have had my paint brushes in this box all along, and this weekend I decided to finally paint it.

I used 3 of my fav colors - 2 shades of green (leaf and teal) and the back of the piece is my fav shade of royal purple. Nothing really in mind, I took my chalk pencil and began to lightly sketch. This is what I have come up with so far.

I'm not finished - this is only 1 side - but I like it so far. Even my roses - which need a lot of work - I'm satisfied with for not having painted roses in almost a year.

I don't know what this box will look like by the time it's finally done ... but so far ... I'm inspired.

2 comments: